DBM 7.3.5 Released

What's new in DBM
MysticalOS

DBM 7.3.5 Released

Postby MysticalOS » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 am

New Features:

Antorus
  • Added chat bubbles to do icons for shadow and flame touched on Mythic Felhounds of Sargeras in same way Maiden of vigilence did in Tomb of Sargeras for light and fel.
  • Finished drycode warnings to Argus encounter in Antorus (all 4 stages for non mythic). Expect bugs though, with any drycode.

Argus Invasion Points
  • Enabled Ready check option for Occularus
  • Updated Occularus timers

Bug Fixes:

Antorus
  • Fixed Felhounds of Sargeras timers for mythic difficulty energy rates
  • Fixed sleep canister timer which wasn't showing on mythic imonar
  • Fixed some a few ability timers on mythic imonar which now have longer cds compared to last time mythic was tested

Tomb of Sargeras
  • If targeted by more than one shattering scream on desolate host, DBM will now only show/play one warning for it.
    When DBM is spammy, it’s probably a bug, don’t assume it’s intended, REPORT these things. I main a tank, most of fight mechanics don’t target me, so I don’t always know when things like this are broken.
  • Fixed bug where the count yell for tainted essence on mythic avatar yelled spell name instead of count like intended for each stack.
  • Fixed a couple of timers on mythic KJ that were couple seconds slow on the pull
  • All 8 ball impacts in stage 1.5 mythic KJ transition will now have cast bars, for real this time. My fix last time was perfect, except it wasn't activating correctly so it never worked. I simply fixed activation. It's tough working around blizzard hating combat log sometimes.

Argus Invasion Points
  • Fixed tank warnings not showing if other tank is not in same group as you on Occularus
  • Fixed Eye sore timer not working on Occularus

5 Man Dungeons
  • Fixed a bug where corrupting void warnings in SoT trash mod didn't work correctly.

Changes

Core:
  • Warning duration threshold changed from 1-20 to 1-10 and steps changed from 1 to 0.5 to allow better configuration. No one needs a 20 second warning duration, but they may want 1.5, 2.5, etc instead of just whole number options.
  • On the above note, default warning durations for both warnings and special warnings lowered to 1.5. I honesty thought I did this ages ago but turned out I only did it in my local copy and forgot to push it to everyone else. I'm so sorry you all put up with 4 second warning duration defaults for so long (they were always changeable but most users trust default settings, but in this case default settings were bad and now they are finally fixed). You of course can change em back to 4 or whatever you want, but I feel 1.5+ fadeout is far better to get point across then get out of your way.
  • "Hide Boss Emote Frame" Option has been reset to defaults for all users. This is defaulted to on and has been a long time, but I've encountered many users that have it disabled and don't remember disabling it, then associate the blizzard emotes with DBM warnings (since they are both yellow) and then complain about double messages/spam. To ensure users are not seeing double messages by getting both 1 from blizzard and 1 from DBM, I'm doing this reset so these extra messages are once again hidden from center of screen. Like with anything though, if you want to see blizzards emotes in center of screen you can turn this blocker off in options.
  • That's Incredible! (now, 450% more incredible)

Antorus
  • FlameTouched and ShadowTouched on mythic felhounds of sargeras will now also include red X or purple diamond icons in warning to color code them better

Tomb of Sargeras
  • Countdown for dark mark is now off by default for tanks, to keep default countdowns a total of 3 unique voices for tanks in P2 avatar and reduce confusing countdown overlap.
  • Shattering scream target announce on desolate host is now off by default for everyone. It's really only important to raid leader to know and maybe tanks when it's on other people and they can turn it on if they need it. Intent is to greatly reduce overall warning amount for encounter.
  • Antispammed bone armor target announces even more on Desolate Host. Before it would only warn once within 4 second time period, but in addition to that, now it'll only announce if there weren't already non templar bone armors up. You only need to know once that bone armor is active then not be reminded again unless it's first application of it on next set of adds.

5 Man Dungeons
  • Unleashed Fury trash warning in Vault of Wardens can now only occur once per 4 seconds, to reduce warning spam if multiple adds cast it in succession

Dev Note:
As can be seen, one focus of this update is to make DBM better feeling and less spammy feeling. A few bug fixes, a few bad defaults tweaks and you'd be surprised what a diff it makes.

AGAIN, I encourage users to report bugs (to ME, not reddit or mmoc gripe posts I probably won't see) to see them fixed sooner. Especially if warnings in question are healers/dps ones that are probably not enabled by default for tanks (my main role). In addition, just give feedback about overall warning feel with SPECIFICS. Specifics help because as I said often times it's a bad default or bug that I may not be aware of. I really do aim to be as efficient and spam free as possible with how I present warnings and sounds.

Speaking of sounds, this is also why I encourage users STRONGLY to install a voice pack. Yes the generic sounds can feel spammy on a fight that has 12 different abilities. Can't always do anything about that cause those abilities ARE important to warn for. A voice pack is much better sounding/feeling overall that eliminates repetitiveness of warning sounds. Can grab the my favorite voice pack here: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/dbm-voicepack-vem (but also welcome to look around at many of the others).

Previous Release:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=324

Return to “News”