[Guide] Slash Commands and additional customizing

Read first guides to get the most out of DBM
MysticalOS

[Guide] Slash Commands and additional customizing

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:28 pm

One thing that's big in raiding, is many users have different strats to approach same problem. One such example I wanted to point out today.

As you can see, the Raid leader can set yell type for seeds and it applies to EVERYONE running dbm in raid. The feature allows one person to dictate the behavior universally. This is just an example of the forethought and effort that goes into making sure DBM remains feature rich but highly configurable to ensure it works for everyone.

Here is another more recent example dropdown from Socrethar:

For variating strategies I want to include variable options to make mods fit your needs. If it does not work for you, tell me why, and I'll fix it. that's always my approach.

These kind of drop downs exist in many mods in fact. They aren't always raid leader knobs. Most are player knobs that let player control their own mods behavior. You should always poke around boss mod options and see what kind of features are hidden in there that you were unaware of.

MysticalOS

Re: DBM: Did you know?

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 pm

DBM has many slash commands for invoking features outside of raid boss encounters. Often times many of these get overlooked and underused.

/dbm help can show you the basic ones

/dbm help2 can show tools more oriented to officers/raid leaders

/dbm timer has options of it's own:

These options can be used pretty much anywhere in game and the usages can get pretty creative. For example, I might be doing dailies and put a pizza in the oven. Just so I don't forget about it I might do "/dbm ctimer 660 Check Pizza" . This would create a timer on my screen right there in tenaan that also has an audio countdown to double ensure I don't miss it. I go a little further with this if I'm near computer afking in garrison (because that's what we do in warlords). I may be on my mat doing 30 or 60 second workout excersizes and need a way to time them better. So I do "/dbm timer cltimer 30 workoutloop" then step away from computer. This creates an indefinite loop countdown timer where I can literally use dbms audio countdown as my 30 second repeater. When I'm done I terminate this loop with "/dbm timer endloop"

/dbm hud has several options:

Many of these are follow the leader type features. Back in the day when Ashran pre mades weren't ruined by 6.2, I might have been in an nemesis premade and needed to keep tabs on leader so it was easier to follow. I'd use hud commands for this. I might do "/dbm hud yellow target" while targeting the leader and now I have a dot that worked as a compass to run toward. If I wanted to take this further I might do "/dbm hud arrow target" which literally paints an arrow from you all the way to target. I'd call "/dbm hud hide" when done. Notice I omitted duration from my examples. If duration is left blank then duration is set to 20 minutes. This makes it easy to use feature if you don't really know how long you plan to use it for, since you can always disable it with "hide"

/dbm arrow also has several options:

This can be used much in the same way as TomTom or any other arrow addon. You can do something like "/dbm arrow map x y" in ANY zone and you will get an arrow pointing to that spot. DBM supports both local map coords and world map coords. The arrow can also be used for follow the leader type stuff by doing "/dbm arrow target" while targeting them.

Additional Tips:
Any of above examples that use <player> or <target> in menus support focus, target, <playername>. Player names would have to be enclosed on quotes such as "Omegal". It's generally easiest to target the desired target off raid frames and use target (without quotes) to tell it to use your current target. Note that many of the targeting features require a target you are actually grouped with. It cannot be used on NPCs or enemy players or friendly players you are not grouped with.

/dbm whereami is a sort of hidden feature that you may want to use for mapping out an area (such as helping kihra with warcraftlogs)

This gives both world coords and local map coords.

/dbm unlock will unlock all dbm timers so they are easily movable.

MysticalOS

Re: DBM: Did you know?

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 pm

The info and range frames can be moved when out of combat.

Within this screen you simply click show infoframe or show range frame to position frames where desired instead of having to do this in middle of boss fight. When done just click show/hide again.

If you accidentally misplace info or range frame off screen. You can click the reset button on bottom right corner.

From this screen you can also start test bars to see if you are happy with positions or if you should use /dbm unlock to adjust them.

If the boss 3d model in boss mod option config is distracting it can be disabled. If the sound files I place on some boss panels are annoying and you don't want them played they can be muted here as well.

ztn

Re: [Guide] Slash Commands and additional customizing

Postby ztn » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 pm

i see dozen types of countdown timers. is it popssible to make countup timer? cant find way how to do it nor in ingame help nor in this guide. i use wa which detects messages from raiders about afk and creating dbm timers for them. now i need to creat 1hour countdown timer and i need to calculate (1hour-55:00)=5min afk. of couse it's usable but may be there is a way to do exactly what i want - see timer of person in afk.

MysticalOS

Postby MysticalOS » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:04 pm

you can set bars to fill up instead of down in bar options. it still counts down though numerically though but may still feel better for you.

fuboom

Postby fuboom » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:28 am

I have huge warning text for almost every encounter. It is way to big, distracting and covers up what is going on in the encounter. Is there a way to shrink that text and move it so it's not in the middle across the board? I'm a non-techie type and I haven't figured out how to do it.

MysticalOS

Postby MysticalOS » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Return to “How to & Support Articles”