/logout

Halp! It doesn't work?
MysticalOS

Re: /logout

Postby MysticalOS » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:23 am

Can you give more info about configuration? chat settings? chat position, what the CURRENT tab is when you do logout, etc.

With alpha especially there is literally no way DBM is tainting chat frame, there has to be a new bug where chat frame taints itself somehow when AddMessage is used or something. that's only thing left DBM uses but so does just about every other addon out there.

still also makes no sense so few users have issue. most users have 0 issues with /logout

Mitalie

Postby Mitalie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:13 am

This is related to a Blizzard bug. In 7.3.2 Logout() and Quit() were protected, but the corresponding slash command handlers are still registered in SlashCmdList instead of SecureCmdList. This gives even well-behaved addons a chance to taint the execution before these handlers are run. I've found this to happen in at least three different ways:
  1. Adding any entries to SlashCmdList taints execution the next time SlashCmdList is parsed (on enter, space, or tab pressed while the edit box content begins with slash).
  2. Adding a slash token in addition to the handler entry taints execution every time tab completion is used.
  3. Taint, most likely caused by either of the above, can spread via the edit box content (:SetText/:GetText) and via command history (alt + up/down arrows), tainting the execution even when tainted slash command handlers or tokens are not directly accessed. Empty edit box does not spread taint.
From a user's perspective, you can work around the first one simply by trying again (or doing a different slash command first). The other two mean that you must type /logout or /quit in an empty chat box, without using tab completion or command history.

If you're getting errors even on the second try, even without using tab completion or command history, your chat/slash command handling is being tainted by some other mechanism. As far as I can tell, DBM 7.3.6-17 (last version before you started removing chat related features) does not have anything that causes this. The taint logs posted in this thread don't contain the actual "action blocked" event, but I found on my own setup that the Alias module of Prat 3.0 causes this by hooking ChatEdit_HandleChatType.
Last edited by Mitalie on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

skellaroo

Postby skellaroo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:18 am

I use Prat, and it's located in the lower left hand corner of my screen. The current tab is generally always GENERAL when I do / logout.

My addons are:
AdvancedInterfaceOptions, Altoholic, Angry Keystones, Archy, AskMrRobot, Auctionator, Auto Set Max Camera Distance, Broker Specializations, Can I mog it?, Candy Buckets, DBM: Burning Crusade, Cata, Mists of Panda, Warlords of Draenor, Wrath of LIch King, Decursive, Exorsus Raid Tools, Fishing Buddy, Garrison Mission Manager, Gryphons Remover, GTFO, Healium, HealthWarning, InspectEquip 3, LustPopper, MaxDPs: DK, DH, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, MaxDPS Rotation Helper, Max DPS: Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Mogit, Moncai Compare, Mythic Helper, NomiCakes, Overachiever, PetBattle Teams, PetTracker, Prat 3.0, Quartz, Raid Assist, Rsa-Raeli's Spell Announcer, Saved Instances, Scrap (Junk Seller), Skada Damage Meter, Speedy Load, Talent Set Manager, Tidy Plates, TipTac, Titan Panel, Transmog Tokens, WeakAuras2, WIM (WoW Instant Messenger), World Group Finder, World Quest Tracker.

I guess the next thing I can do is just go through each add-on one by one and see which one gives the error. :)
Last edited by skellaroo on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

skellaroo

Postby skellaroo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:30 am

After testing each add-on individually, I had a lot of add-ons that did the same logout error. They are: AdvanceInterfaceOptions, Angry Keystones, Archy, AskMrRobot, Auctionator, Broker Spec, CanIMogIt?, DataStore with Altoholic (Datastore by itself didn't cause the error and Altoholic by itself didn't cause an error, but together, they caused the error), DBM Core, Decursive, Exosus Raid Tools, Fishing Buddy, GTFO, Healium, HealthWarning, InspectEquip, MaxDPS, MogIt, NomiCakes, Overachiever, PetBattle Teams, Prat3.0, Quartz, Raid Assist, RSA, Saved Instances, Skada, Talent Set Manager, TidyPlates, TipTac, TitanPanel, TransmogTokens, WeakAuras, WIM, WorldQuestGroupFinder, and Zygor.

The addons that did not cause a logout error: Altoholic, AutoSetMaxCameraDistance, CandyBuckets, Garrison MIssion Manager, Gryphons Remover, LustPopper, Moncai Compare, Mythic Helper, Scrap, SpeedyLoad, World Quest Tracker

Hope this helps. :)

skellaroo

Postby skellaroo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:34 am

My husband just found this article on wowhead (after i wrote all of this out) d'oh!

"The "Logout" and "Quit" Lua functions are now protected and can't be called from addons/macros anymore. Source: IntenseIntentInTents"

http://www.wowhead.com/news=274728/undo ... atch-7-3-2

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7 ... s/dovgdvo/

MysticalOS

Postby MysticalOS » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 am

Mitalie that explains that then. So blizzard needs to fix it by moving those slash commands to secure function

And I gutted a bunch of DBM features for no reason. Oh well,they were some grossly under used features so i'll leave them gutted.

I'll try to talk to UI guys when i'm at blizzard in a few days about it, among other issues

AckItsMe

Postby AckItsMe » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:05 am

After doing more research on this, it appears that the problem is actually with the Ace3 library. If I only disable Ace3, all of the errors stop. The trouble is that a lot of addons utilize Ace3. I can't find anywhere to submit bug reports for Ace3.

MysticalOS

Postby MysticalOS » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:11 am

Well, users report that i you disable everything but DBM, they can still reproduce it and DBM does NOT use Ace

Mitalie already explained issue in perfect detail and that sounds like the best explanation. Ace loads before anything else so it'd be at top of list for registering slash. No addon is at fault for this issue. Blizzard is at fault for it. They need to move Exit() and Logoff() to SecureCmdList

MysticalOS

Postby MysticalOS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:22 am

This is fixed in WoW 7.3.5 PTR build, so when that goes live it's fixed for everyone

https://github.com/tomrus88/BlizzardInt ... bbe3343f36

Fix is as said earlier in thread, they are moved to secure slash commands where they belong.

redirishrose2005

Postby redirishrose2005 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:26 am

I am still having difficulties with this as is another friend of mine. I am unsure as to what is going on.

Return to “Bug Reports and Support”