News

MysticalOS

DBM Localizers needed

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:12 pm

DBM is in dire need of localizers for the following languages:
  • ptBR (Portuguese) (Mostly good now, maybe a touch here and there)
  • esES/esMX (Spanish)
  • frFR (French)
  • itIT (Italian)

Currently these languages have poor or no support in DBM which causes fights blizzard likes to use yells/emotes as triggers (instead of CLEU) to be unsupported or poorly supported in DBM.
This also causes warning text or option text to display in english for features added to DBM since last time these languages were updated.

We cannot add translations for languages wow itself does not support so the languages above are the ONLY languages we're looking for.

You don't have to be a programmer to help is localize text. If you see something in english and want it in your own language, you can post updates on forum or in a PM to me. If you are familiar with svn and editing localization files in UTF-8 format, we can give you svn access to do the updates yourself. All DBM code is in Lua.

This is a volunteer gig only to help make mod more functional and usable by your peers and is not a paid opening. The work involved is also very little. Once things are localized the work is usually maybe a couple minutes here and there to localize anything I update or change every once in a while. If you are thinking this is a full time or payed job opportunity, it is not.

How To:
  1. The main thing that needs translation, are localization files inside Blackrock Foundry folder, Hellfire Citadel folder, DBM-Core folder and DBM-GUI folder.

2. Basically, open localization.en (english file) and then compare with existing local files in your language (or if they don't exist in your language yet, copy english file and then translate the text to your language using the english file as a template.

3. After making edits, you can share them on sites such as pastebin.com or paste2.org. Then post link to that paste here. Alternatively you can PM me to ask me for an email you can send files to. If your work looks good and you are comfortable with direct svn access I may grant you a login so you can do further commits on your own. However, I like to review your work first before I do that to ensure you have a basic understanding of the file editing before risking harmful commits to main repository so I generally prefer you send me edited files or paste them online first.

Additional Notes:
  1. "Option" and "Warning" lines generally can be translated best wording you choose. "Mi [...]

MysticalOS

DBM vs Mythic Archimonde

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZBwKr2HCz8

Features in video:

• Accurate timers that are colored differently by ability type
  • Precise and informative warnings.
  • HUD helper for wrought chaos identifying all line paths and showing personal player dot in real time so you can adjust position to other lines accordingly
  • HUD helper for shackled torment showing actual size radius and whether or not player is safe from each one by color.
  • HUD helper for mark of the legion using class coloring and actual radius size circles to identify mark of legion positions quickly.
  • InfoFrame for Shackled torment and Mark of the legion showing icons, names, and order.
  • Smart range finder for mark of the legion that appropriately filters other players so you can identify orientation to mark of legion quickly for knockback. Works both ways depending on whether or not you personally have mark.
  • Probably other small details I forgot about. I worked on this mod a ton.

Features not demoed in video:

• Hudmap for felburst. On for ranged only by default so not seen in a rogues perspective.
  • DBM sounds obviously. Sound was removed from video so no audio countdowns, or audio alerts.
  • If YOU have Shackled Torment, an automatic reverse hud that shows red until safe to explode then turns green when safe to explode. No thinking required. Red, don't explode it, green blow it up immediately.

MysticalOS

7.0 Progress Report

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Things have appeared quiet around here on DBM end but this is because work is well under way for Legion 7.0 content.

Currently DBM already has full support for all dungeons and raids for pull/wipe/kill detection and basic features like range finder and other manual commands. 

• For raid mod support, most tested bosses so far (11/12 raid bosses so far) have full and functional mods. 3 raid bosses have drycoded mods.
  • 1 Raid boss is ALMOST fully functional but just needs to see longer pulls (Dragons of NIghtmare). Very few were able to do this during testing.
  • For dungeon mod support, 9 dungeons are fully supported right now. The 10th dungeon (violet hold) is only partially supported do to nature of RNG involved in seeing all the bosses.

MysticalOS

DBM 6.2.22 Released

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:38 pm

Key: Blue: Noteworthy, Purple: Major

New Features
Core:
  1. Auto accept invites feature for friends list now also supports non battle.net friends as well.

Emerald Nightmare:

1. Added mod for Cenarius from heroic raid testing. Some Mythic stuff drycoded
  2. Added mod for Ilgynoth from heroic raid testing.
  3. Added a mod for Dragons of Nightmare from heroic raid testing. Note this mod is still very much incomplete since testing of this fight didn't go well for most groups.
  4. Added mod for Renferal from heroic raid testing.
  5. Mythic additions to Nythendra from mythic raid testing.
  6. Added mod for Xavius from heroic raid testing. Note: Phase 3 was bugged and he was not using most abilities during it so phase 3 timers are incomplete.
  7. Updated Ursok mod with a few more features for handling charge (such as auto soaker assigning) as well as latest data from mythic testing.

The Nighthold:
  1. Added mod for Tichondrius from heroic raid testing.
  2. Added mod for Aluriel from heroic raid testing.
  3. Added mod for Telarn from heroic raid testing.
  4. Added mod for Krosus from heroic raid testing.
  5. Added mod for Star Auger Etraeus from heroic raid testing. Some mythic mechanics are also drycoded but untested.
  6. Added drycoded mod for Elisande prior to Tuesday, May 3rd raid testing.
  7. Updated scorpyron mod with improved timer auto correct code for greater accuracy in all difficulties and added mythic timers.

Legion Dungeons:
  1. Added trash module to Arcway dungeon.
  2. Improved warnings and timers across Arcway dungeon.
  3. Added trash module to Assault Violet Hold
  4. Added mods for 3/8 bosses in Assault Violet Hold
  5. Improved warnings and timers across Eye of Azshara
  6. Added trash module for Halls of Valor
  7. Improved warnings and timers across Halls of Valor
  8. Added complete mod support for Court of Stars, including all bosses and a trash module.

Bug Fixes
Core:
  1. Fixed lua error in HUD caused by removal of TAXIROUTE_LINEFACTOR_2 global in legion.
  2. Fixed some lua errors related to removed challenge mode APIs in Legion.
  3. Update 32 legion mods to use updated UNIT_SPELLCAST args.

Hellfire Citadel:

1. Fixed a bug that caused Mythic archimonde timer for conduit to show as "unknown" if short text timers were enabled. This was caused by using a spell id that doesn't exist until legion to auto localized the short text.

Legion Dungeons:
  1. Fixed LUA error on Glaidalis (Darkheart Thicket)
  2. Fix so [...]

MysticalOS

DBM in Social Media

Postby MysticalOS » Sun May 08, 2016 7:45 pm

If social media is your thing, you can like DBM in facebook by following link here:
https://www.facebook.com/deadlybossmods/

Or follow main mod developer (me) on twitter here (note tweets aren't always about DBM):
http://twitter.com/mysticalos